Mushroom & Shrimp Spaghetti with Alfredo sauce
I am not a big fan of cheese but I love Alfredo sauce. That’s why I don’t like buying pre-made Alfredo sauce from the supermarket. Here’s a recipe of my home-made Alfredo sauce with spaghetti. If you don’t like seafood you can substitute chicken for shrimp. The preparation & cooking (excluding the optional baking) should take you less than 20 minutes.
- Put spaghetti into boiling water with a pinch of salt. Leave lid on until it boils again. You can taste it once it looks soft. Turn off the stove and drain it once you got the noodles to your liking.
- Put 2 tsp of oil into a pan, add mushrooms, shrimps, and a bit little of salt. Cook until the shrimps turn red & solid and the mushrooms shrink & brown.
- Put spaghetti, mushrooms, and shrimps in an oven safe dish and mix.
- Now we prepare the Alfred sauce. Heat 1/3 cup of milk in a pan until it’s boiling hot. Get another pan; add 1 tsp of butter and 2 tsp of corn starch. Quickly grab the first pan; slowly add the hot milk into the second pan while mixing the sauce with a spatula.
- Add cheese of your liking (optional). Mix everything with a spatula until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Alfredo sauce to the spaghetti.
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF then bake the whole thing for 10 minutes. (Optional)
- Add a pinch of Italian seasoning on top. (Optional)