snap, crackle, yums
I love rice krispy treats. They’re easy to make, sweet, and great for a quick snack. You could easily follow the directions on the side of a Rice Krispies box, but I’ve tweaked this recipe with a bit more marshmallowy goodness.
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine (I prefer the butter)
- 1 16 oz. package of marshmallows (In my opinion, the mini mallows melt better and easier)
- 7 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (I’ll sometimes put 8 cups to get thicker Krispies)
- Melt the butter in a fairly large pan on medium to low heat
- Once melted, add marshmallows
- Allow marshmallows to fully melt, stirring occassionally to prevent from sticking to bottom of pan
- Grease bottom and sides of a 13″ x 9″ baking pan
- Once marshmallows are fully melted, remove pan from heat
- Add Rice Krispies gradually to marshmallows, mixing in with marshmallows after each addition
- Pour Krispy mixture into baking pan
- Using either a plastic sandwich bag or even parchment or wax paper, flatten mixture into pan
- Once cooled, cut into squares or whatever shape you desire, and serve
Note: This recipe will yield 24 treats.