choco chunk macadamia nut cookies
I have two nephews, cute as can be, who are brothers; Damian & Dominic. One day Grandma asked if they wanted macadamia nut cookies, which sounds like you’re saying macaDamian nut. Dominic then said,”No Grandma…I want macaDominic cookies.” So here is a cookie, just for Dominic. Instead of using the traditional white chocolate with macadamia nuts, I’ve used dark chocolate. I based the recipe off a recipe I found on the brown eyed bakers blog.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. butter melted (make sure it is cooled before using)
- 1 c. packed dark brown sugar (you can use light, but I thought they tasted much better with the dark)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 c. dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In one mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt
- In another bowl, mix together (by hand or using an electric mixer) the dark brown sugar, the granulated sugar, and the melted butter until fluffy
- Once combined, add the eggs and the vanilla and continue mixing
- Add flour mixture and mix. Add macadamia nuts and chocolate chunks and mix.
- Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet. Flatten them slightly
- Bake time: 12-15 minutes depending on your oven
- Makes about 20 cookies. =)
At first I was scared, because I thought the dough was too big, but it worked out just fine. ^_^ I’m so used to making mini cookies. They turned out really good though. I was quite pleased, as were my friends and family. My goal is to bake as much as I want and make everyone else tubby while I try to shed all the pounds. heh.
I’ve really baked alot lately. I haven’t been taking pictures, nor have I been blogging about them. Shame on me really, but tax season is not kind to accountants. =( Til next time!