Steak a la Veggies
My doc told me the other day to cut out the carbs and sugars in my daily life. She said I could eat all the meat and veggies I wanted, but no to the other stuff. I decided it would be a good idea to listen to the doc. I made a steak salad, and it was supposed to be a thai steak salad, but yeah, I don’t like that spicyness.
- 1/2 lb. rib-eye steak (about 1 to 1.5 in. thick)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbs. of your favorite vinaigrette (I chose a roasted garlic vinaigrette)
- and your own measurements of the following veggies: baby spinach, mushrooms (sauteed or raw), carrots, & tomatoes, or whatever else you like in your salads
Note: I say your own measurements, because you might like some veggies more than others. Who am I to tell you not to add more mushrooms or what not. ^___^
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice & sugar. Use a whisk or fork and stir well. This will be the marinade for your steak. Place steak in bowl and allow to soak for 30 min., flipping the steak over after 15 min.
- After marinade time is over, cook steak in any pan, but it’s real pretty with grill marks. Start with heat on high, searing the steak on each side for about 5 minutes, if you prefer your steak a bit more pink/red.
- If you’re the medium well to well done kind of person, like myself, remove steak from pan, cut in 1/4 in. slices and return pieces back to pan and cook till the pink is almost gone.
- In your salad bowl, add your veggies and toss in your dressing.
- Once steak is cooked to your liking, slice (if not already) and place nicely on salad.
It’s a real simple and healthy dish. Go for a leaner meat if you’re not a fan of the rib-eye. That just happens to be my favorite kind of steak. ^_^ It was definitely what I needed for lunch, as it’s been a hectic busy season already. Wish this accountant luck. It’s only January.